Yesterday, Rylan bonked his head on the cement. He was trying to get into the stroller as I was pushing Alana. He fell strait back and hit his head. He cried and then seemed fine, but as the day went on he started acting funny and wasn't responding. His pupils got big and he was really sleepy. He started throwing up and I got really nervous and called my neighbor (who is a nurse...thanks Sharon!) and she said that I should probably take him in to get checked out. He got a blessing from our neighbor and home teacher (thanks Justin). So we went to an after hours clinic and they ended up sending us to Jordan Valley Hospital. Rylan was very brave and got his first Cat Scan. He was promised a drink and a Popsicle if he could hold really still (which he did, to my surprise). When we were all done he did NOT forget to collect on the promised Popsicle and drink. They gave him some medicine for the nausea and then sent us home and told us to keep a close eye on him and if anything changed to call. Today he seems just fine. I am so glad--what a scary experience!
Rylan was really sleepy at couldn't stay awake. He would almost fall asleep and then wake up.Rylan threw up several times while we were at the doctor's office and hospital.
Rylan was sad because he didn't feel good.
6 comments:
Poor little guy! I hate seeing kids in pain! Looks like he was a trooper though! Glad he is ok! How scary.
Ack! Poor Rylan! I'm glad he's feeling better but it must have been scary.
Wow - I didn't even know! How scary, but good thing you took him in. You just never know how bad it is or isn't with kids, but better safe than sorry.
Oh Charayne...I had no idea you went through all that on friday. Poor rylan I am glad that he is okay though. It must have been a crazy day. Hope you are doing well.
Wow, a concussion? I can't believe I haven't heard about this. I hope that Rylan is feeling better now, that must have been really scary for you. Call me if you need anything! =)
How scary! I would have been very scared. I'm glad everything turned out ok.
Post a Comment