Saturday, March 1, 2008

Anyone for Leap-Frog?

Yeah!!! I think Rylan is finally getting the whole potty thing. He has been doing really good now for 3 days. He told me today that he needed to "go potty". He went #2 so, today was his second time going #2 and he has been dry all day also. (I never thought that I would be talking about this or so excited either, but when you are changing 2 diapers every time it makes a big difference.) So that was one great thing about today. The other big thing is that today is leap year day. So since it was Leap Year Day we decided to have a Leap Year Day party. The theme was frogs. It was really fun for the kids. We invited some of Rylan's friends and their mommies (my friends) and played a few frog themed games like Crown the Frog Prince; Froggy Find, and Hop, Hop, Leap. The kids also colored pictures of Frogs. We made a froggy themed lunch. We had chicken fingers (or frog legs), FROG eye salad, Celery with peanut butter and raisins (Flies on a Log), Limeaide (Swamp Water), Frog Cup Cakes, and Chips and Dip (Chips and Fly dip). It was fun and the best part was the kids enjoyed themselves while learning about Leap Year. I love it when you accomplish learning while you're having fun. I think that Alana's favorite part was the game Hop, Hop, Leap. It is played just like Duck, duck, goose. She get's so thrilled with that game. After the party Jenna (Tony's cousin) cut and colored my hair while Gracie (her daughter) and Rylan played. I don't think Rylan has played so well with anyone. They had so much fun and after she left, Rylan said to me "Mom, I miss Gracie, I want a friend over again." It was so cute. Tonight we got to play games with our good friends Spencer and Jessica. We had a great time. We always enjoy playing games with them. It was a good day. I am really glad we got this extra day this year! Happy Leap Year Day!!!!

6 comments:

Dorey said...

It was a cute party. You should post pictures! I have a few I can e-mail you. =)

Charayne said...

Yes, I am planning on it. I just need to figure out how to do it. My post is a work in progress, afterall it is black and green--woo hoo!! I would love it if you could email the pics to me thoguh. I have a few I will trade you.

Jenna Johnson said...

Oh It was so fun!! I hope Gracie gets to see her "BEST FRIEND" SOON!

Jenna Johnson said...

I was hoping to get the kids together this week! Gracie talks about "her friend" all the time! I don't know why she won't say his name!

Abes and Stace said...

Hi charayne! I found you! The leap year party was such a cute idea. I am sorry we couldn't make it.
Also, I can't believe Alana is counting already. Brinley isn't even talking, let alone counting!! You've got a smarty pants on your hands.

Brittney said...

I saw the pictures of your Leap day party on jenna's blog. It looked super fun. What a cute idea! I'll have to remember for next time a leap year comes around : ) Brittney