Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Pops!

Happy Birthday Dad! Today we celebrated my fathers birthday. He turned 63 today. We had a family party tonight. We had a family dinner and let him decide the menu. He chose to have cornish game hens (chicken) for dinner along with salad, corn on the cob, asparagus, cheesy potatoes, and cat eye salad (you will have to ask my dad about that one). My brother Creighton came from Provo and brought his friend LaCol with him. We all had dinner together and then we made dessert. Creighton made fried bananas and served it with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. I made Raspberry Ribbon Torte. It is a really yummy dessert that my mom used to make and it is beautiful not to mention delicious!! My dad requested it and he seemed pleased that I was willing to make it (it takes a little work). It was fun and I am glad that I could make it for him. My brother Garrett called on the phone from Phoenix. He and his clan sang him "Happy Birthday over the phone." I think that the day turned out nice. Just wanted to wish one of the most important men in my life a wonderful day, and let him know how much I appreciate him. He is one of the nicest, smartest, and funniest people that I know. I love you pops!!!!

1 comment:

Dorey said...

You are so cute! Happy birthday pops!=)