This is the time of year that always lends to reflection on how thankful I am for what I have. I feel so blessed!! Not to say that I haven't had my fare share of trials (so it seems sometimes)...but honestly I do have a lot to be thankful for!!! It may seem cliche to list all the things that I am thankful for in my life, but since this is my family journal I will attempt to do it anyway (as incomplete as it may be....since I have so much to be thankful for!) I am going to start at the beginning....
My parents-I have the most amazing parents, and I wouldn't be where I am without them!!!
My testimony of the gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ. The Atonement and all He sacrificed for me.
My brothers-the older I get the more thankful I am for them, because they are my link to the past and to the future.
My husband-Someone who treats me good, and he is a wonderful father.
My Children-I am so blessed to have the most amazing kids!!! They are so smart, cute, and they teach me so much every day! They are what keep me going!!! Excited to have one more to love!
Being Pregnant-Even though it's difficult to be pregnant sometimes, I am thankful for the opportunity! I realized this early in my marriage, when it took us 3+ years to have kids. I know what a special blessing this is to be able to bring a child into this world.
A place to live-I am thankful for a place to live (there's no place like home...need I say more?)
Food-Yup food, I love food! But seriously it is a basic necessity.
Freedom-I am thankful that I live in a free country and that I am able to make my own choices!
The Internet-sounds silly, but you really can do so much and find good things on it. I guess I should say modern technology.
Showers-Ahhhhh! A nice hot shower. Try going with out one for a while, it makes you appreciate them.
Good Health-I am thankful for the most part that I am healthy. It's no fun to see people struggle with health issues.
My own trials-Sometimes it's easy for me to think that my trials stink, but sometimes when I see other people and their hardships it just makes me thankful for my own.
Good People and Friends-Other peoples examples, honesty, and my friends (it's just nice to know someone has your back).
I have so much more to be thankful for than this, but I figure this is a good start.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I will post more about the Holiday later.
Triathlete Magazine Athlete Highlight
9 years ago
5 comments:
It's nice to read what people are thankful for. It helps remind me of even just the simple things that make my life wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
It is so good to hear how thankful you are for everything. You reminded me of a couple things that I would have left off my list. Hope your holiday was wonderful!
I love that we have a holiday to reflect on all that we are thankful for, it was fun to read your list.=) Did you guys have a fun Thanksgiving? How was St.George? Any good deals I should be jealous about?=) lol TTYL
Thanks for sharing. Like you said, there are always lots of struggles and trials in life. It's nice to step back and take a look at the blessings!:)
enjoyed the posts. I'm going to try that recipe for sure! yum! I totally sit on the couch and eat chocolate ;)
Post a Comment