Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Miserable or Happy...

Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others. By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. Gordon B. Hinckley
Thanks Tami for this wonderful quote. This past week I have been thinking about what makes other people unhappy and how they take their feelings out on others.....this quote is perfect and I intend on applying it more in my own life. Thanks again for the quote!

15 comments:

Brittney said...

What a great quote and oh so true!

Jenna Johnson said...

Hey my phone went into the bath tub with Gracie! OOPS! I'll call you tomorrow! I found Matts old phone and now I'm using it!

Miss Money said...

you make me feel bad for complaining:( hope you have a GRRREeeeATTT weekend!!!!!

Anna said...

I so would love to jog with you (though likely I'll be walking more than jogging). Call me with the details and we can plan a get together with the husbands too.

Dorey said...

love the quote! How have you been lady? It's been awhile. =)

This Place is a Disaster! said...

TONY! I just found you through Denise Nixons blog! Check you out!!!
How are things? Have you made a good life and have the necessities of life sustained you!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

p.s. and I want to be invited to view your blog! Please oh please! melann6@juno.com

Jason and Tami said...

I love this quote! I really want to get together:) It has been too long. Talk to you soon!

Jenna said...

Great Quote!!
You have been Blog Lazy lately!!! I expect some fun pictures from your weekend to midway. Are you still making your blog private? I did and feel much better about it...Thanks for your contribution to my "Nerd Collection", That was nice that you remembered me..... :)

Marnie said...

Great quote, and it was great to see you at the reunion. We need to plan a play date. email me marniesharp@hotmail.com

Robert said...

Soooo, I am commenting here to let you know you won the pay it forward contest on my blog. I need your email address so we can get you your prizes!

Uncle Rob

Brittney said...

I was sad that I didn't hardly get to talk to you this last week. I was so caught up in all the funeral stuff that I didn't really talk to anyone. It was fun to see you guys though. Hopefully next time I see you, it will be under better circumstances. :(

Jason and Tami said...

Tag, you're it! Check out my blog!

Jenna Johnson said...

HELLO!!! AUGUST 6th?? You're way over due for a new post!

Brittney said...

hey,where'd you go...haven't seen a new post in a while. : )

I also just wanted to let you know, I just made my blog private. I have been getting way too many hits and I've got me an Australian stocker who gets on my site 4 times a day and looks at our pictures...a little too freaky!

Anyway, I would love for you to keep stopping by but you will have to sign in first. It should pull up to a sign-in page now.