Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mommy and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!


Have you ever had one of those day where everything just seems to go wrong? Or you just start off wrong and then your mood is sour for the rest of the day??? Ya, well I had one of those days yesterday. I had so many things to do, and Rylan and I were not seeing eye to eye. He was throwing tantrums and then Alana would start to cry. I think I said "No" a million times. I guess I just got stressed, overwhelmed, or just tired. I feel like I have not been able to acomplish anything this week. I shouln't complain, because I do realize how blessed I am! I miss my mom....she always knew what to say, she had the perfect advice or she would just listen. Sometimes she would just take over the kids and let me have an hour or two away and I would come back feeling like I could be a better mom. I am so thankful for the good days that I have with my kids. The good/cute moments outweigh the hard ones. Today was much better, so sorry for a post that is less than inspiring, but I'm keeping it real! You know what they say..."If mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Here's to a great day with the kids. By the way you should read the book Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good very bad day. It is a cute childrens story.

3 comments:

Dorey said...

I know exactly what you are saying (obviously, it's 1:00am and I'm up with the baby). Good thing the good DOES out-weigh the bad or we would all be in trouble. =)

Shari said...

I wish I knew what to say, but like you said, the good definitely out weighs the bad. Feel free to call me anytime you need to vent, or just talk. I can't wait for tuesday night. It is going to be so much fun. I will call you when I get off work and maybe we can get together sooner. Maybe go to Gardner Village and walk around. Let me know!

Jodi said...

Charayne,

I just love reading your blogs. Even on a bad day you have the ability to realize the good. You inspire me to be a better mom & really enjoy and have joy in my children. Thanks for being my friend! We need to go to the museum & play. Let me know when a good time for you is.

Love Ya,
Jodi