Wednesday, January 21, 2009

99 Days to go


Tony's Thoughts-
I decided to chat into the blog seeing as how my wife definitely has other things on her mind right now. We are getting very excited about how close the baby is. I looked over at the counter on the right and it looks like we are now in double digits. This is so weird to think that there is a little one hiding just under my wife's belly. Last night when we were sitting in the family room watching 24 (I love my DVR) I had my elbow resting on my wife's stomach. All of the sudden, I started feeling someone try to push on my elbow. It was like he was saying, you are bothering me, move your elbow. How can someone so little, already be pushing me around, just like my other two kids. It's amazing how when you feel something like that, how much more real it becomes. I already talk with my wife about my 3 kids rather than 2. It is really interesting some of the concerns that we have now that we think about 3 kids. Who gets to go to the back row of the van? I would say the oldest, but my wife has a good point. Rylan needs to be right by the door, so the preschool can unload him. So that puts my daughter in the back row. Of course that means the second child gets relegated to the back seat :| The second children are always picked on. We are designing a house right now, and do we choose 3 smaller rooms, or two big rooms and let a couple of them share? Lots of questions with no apparent answers. Sorry, I am rambling. I am so excited for the little one come to join our family. I can't wait. It is a huge responsiblity. When I think about my kids, I feel such a desire to do what is best for them, and a weight with the concern that I am making mistakes. I love my kids so much, and I want the best for them. That is my driver. That is what makes me move, and work and study, is to give the best to them.

8 comments:

Anna said...

You guys are great parents. I'm excited for you. And excited for your new house too. It was so fun to see you both at the sweater party, we need to play again soon.

Abes and Stace said...

You referred to baby as a "HE". Know something we don't? :)
I am excited to see the new house. It's been awhile, hope all is well!

Jill said...

I'm so glad I can read a new post on your blog, finally!! Jk, I know how much is on your and Charayne's plate right now! Love the cute picture, btw. Isn't Katie Moss great? Good luck with all the decisions. Although we aren't expecting, we already think about those same things! I'm excited for your #3 and to find out if it's a he or she! Love you guys!

Brittney said...

Good to see that SOMEBODY finally posted to you blog...just kidding! Double digits is a great place to be.

Dorey said...

I can't believe you guys are going to have 3 kids soon! That is so exciting! Love the picture, your kids are adorable. =) TTYL

Tami said...

Missed you saturday! New house? Adorable pics of your kids!

Melissa said...

way to go Tony! maybe u should talk to Jon about paying ATTENTION to our unborn child!;) I'm 7 weeks away and I swear he's touched my tummy once. With Lincoln he never stopped.......I think he's scared to have a girl?! That's cute you are having all those thoughts! I say 3 bedrooms ;)

Marnie said...

So many exciting things going on at once - so fun! I love the picture of the kids. We put our two oldest kids in the back row and the baby in the middle. Worked for us.